1415 L Street 200
Sacramento, CA 95814
Azure Dev Day is a free, interactive customer workshop hosted by Microsoft. During this event customers engage in workshop, white board design sessions and hands-on labs, and learn about Azure developer services, latest on industry trends from Azure application development experts.
Please plan to bring your laptop to this workshop.
- Azure Subscription. If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free Azure account here.
- You will need to connect to the Internet. Wireless access will be provided at the venue.
- You may be required to install binaries and/or tunnel out to the Lab Environments. Many attendees have
been able to use their corporate laptops by turning off any VPN connections. Alternately, attendees have brought personal laptops to get around any security restrictions on corporate assets.
The Azure Dev Days Workshop includes a variety of Hands On Labs for attendees. These will vary from Introductory
to Advanced Level exercises. Attendees will be able to choose the labs appropriate for their skill/comfort level. A few
QuickStarts will require a few tools to be installed on your computer.
Please have these installed and setup prior to attending the workshop. Attendees will not have time allocated for installation and setup.
Many of the steps in the Hands On Labs can be performed in the Azure Portal from the browser. However, a few labs
require supporting tools.
- .NET Core with SQL DB HOL
· Install Git
· Install .NET Core
- .NET with SQL DB HOL
· Install Visual Studio 2019 and ensure that the Azure Development workload is also installed
- Node.js with MongoDB HOL
· Install Git
· Install Node.js and NPM
· Install and run MongoDB Community Edition
Logic Apps HOL:
- An Office 365 Outlook, Outlook.com, or Gmail account for sending email alerts
- An active Twitter Account for Logic App Triggers
Azure Functions HOL:
- Install Visual Studio 2017 and ensure the Azure development workload is also installed
- Install the latest Azure Functions tools.
Microservices & Containers HOL:
- Install the Service Fabric Mesh CLI