ServiceNow Fundamentals Training - Configure & Manage A ServiceNow Instance
3-day training to teach you how to implement system administration functions and how to perform administration and configuration tasks.
This course is designed for system administrators who are new to the ServiceNow ecosystem. During this 3-day interactive training course attendees will implement various system administration functions in their own instance, learning to perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks. Specifically, attendees will learn to:
- Perform core configuration tasks
- Work with User Interface (UI) policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules and client scripts
- Add users, groups and roles
- Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), import sets and update sets
- Work with two key process applications: Knowledge Base and ServiceNow Service Catalog
- Create workflow activities and approvals
- Configure alerts and notifications
- View upgrade history and status
- Control system access and data security
- Create baseline performance metrics
- Run reports, configure service level agreements (SLAs) and perform instance branding and customization
- Integrate social IT elements and learn best practices
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real-world example. Click here to view the entire course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new ServiceNow System Administrators – 0-3 months into a new deployment.Prerequisites
The ServiceNow Foundations eLearning course – six modules that introduce the ServiceNow platform and interface.
Following this course, ServiceNow recommends that attendees have at least two to three months of hands-on experiences with ServiceNow before attempting the Certification Exam.
Further details regarding this exam, including an exam blueprint, can be found on the Certified System Administrator page. Successful candidates will be awarded a “ServiceNow Certified System Administrator” certificate.
Tuesday, May 22nd - Thursday, May 24th (8:30am – 4:30pm) (includes 1 hour lunch break)
$1,900 (Pricing is per individual student up to a maximum of 20 students. Payment will be collected once registration is confirmed via PO or CalCard payment with 4% processing fee. Must be paid within 15 days of registration.)
*This workshop requires attendees to provide their own laptop