Several key IT positions are in open recruitment by state and local government. Here is a recap of the open jobs:
The Financial Information System of California (FI$Cal) is recruiting for three IT Specialist I positions. They are:
- Application Support Specialist, who will serve as an expert “to analyze, design, develop, implement, document, debug and support” customizations for the entity’s Application Services Section within the IT Division. The specialist will work independently, “providing enterprisewide application development support of the system reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements and forms (RICEF) and application security configuration within FI$Cal’s Enterprise Resource Planning System.” The specialist will also be responsible for troubleshooting production application issues, performing root-cause analysis and implementing solutions to fix application defects. The application deadline is Thursday, and the monthly salary range is $5,118 to $6,859. The job posting and an application link can be found online.
- FI$Cal is also recruiting for an Access Management Security Analyst to work independently and as part of a team managing FI$Cal’s enterprise identity and access management process. Responsibilities include “designing, implementing and/or validating appropriate security controls in both new and existing systems/processes that are currently in place or undergoing substantial redesign. The incumbent performs audits on systems and processes to identify vulnerabilities, and makes recommendations to management of requirements, applicable statutes, regulations, policies, guidelines, and best practices.” The application deadline is Friday, and the monthly salary range is $5,118 to $6,859. The job posting and an application link can be found here.
- A Lead Testing Analyst is being sought work closely with the Enterprise Quality and Testing Section (EQTS) manager to lead the planning and execution of FI$Cal testing activities, while following FI$Cal Project Management Standards. The duties for this role are mainly in the IT Project Management & Software Engineering domains, but work may be assigned in the other domains as needed. “The incumbent is responsible for leading the state testing team in the most complex ERP testing activities related to business and technical testing functions within FI$Cal.” The position has a monthly salary range of $5,118 to $6,859, and the application deadline is Aug. 23. The job posting and an application link can be found here.
The state Department of General Services is seeking to fill two positions:
- A Server Administration Supervisor (IT Supervisor II) is sought for the Enterprise Infrastructure Services Section, part of the System Engineering domain for DGS, which is the state’s chief procurement agency. The incumbent will supervise the staff of Server Administration Services, which is responsible for the administration, maintenance, monitoring and security of the department’s server infrastructure. The application deadline for this position is Friday, and the job posting and an application link are available online.
- An Asset Management Lead (IT Specialist I) is being sought to oversee device management, purchasing inventory, tracking all hardware assets, as well as maintaining and managing the physical IT inventory system, including supplier records and shipping information. The job has a monthly salary range of $5,297 to $8,570, and the application deadline is Aug. 20. The job posting can be found here.
The Judicial Council of California is looking for a Senior User Experience/Content Analyst to work in the web services unit of its IT office, which is deploying new tech aimed at digitizing the court system. As the job posting notes, the IT division is working to implement automated systems in appellate and trial courts. The San Francisco-based position has a monthly salary range of $6,752 to $10,129, and the application deadline is Aug. 25. More information and an application link can be found online.
The Telecommunications Division of the Placer County Information Technology Department is seeking a radio system professional to be responsible for designing, implementing, operating and maintaining the county’s P-25 digital trunked land mobile radio system and subscriber units, conventional analog land mobile radio systems, microwave network, Public-Safety Answering Point (PSAP), and dispatch center.
“The radio system network consists of products from Motorola, Hewlett Packard, Aviat, NICE, and Kenwood,” says the job posting. “Training specific to county technology will be provided; however, the ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of radio frequency theory, technologies, troubleshooting, installation, programming, and maintenance of both conventional and trunking systems, as well as a thorough understanding of networking concepts, subscriber unit programming, system optimization, and interference mitigation. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be skilled in vendor/partner management, project management, problem solving, and customer service.”
The application deadline is Sept. 6, and more information about the position can be found online. It has a monthly salary range of $7,248 to $8,812.