The deadline has been extended until 6 p.m. Monday for those seeking to submit entries for the 2019 Los Angeles Excellence in Technology Awards, part of Government Technology magazine’s* Los Angeles Digital Government Summit in August.
The awards recognize "Outstanding IT Projects" focusing on the innovative use of IT to accomplish one or more of the following:
- Support common business processes
- Promote internal efficiencies
- Improve citizen and business access and services
- Enhance the government experience
- Promote innovative partnership programs
- Enhance security and decision-making
- In general, further the mission of government through IT
Nominations must be government projects from a public body in the Los Angeles region, and all nominated projects must be currently in use and have quantifiable outcomes. Projects that have won previous Excellence in Technology Awards are not eligible. Nominations are Web-based and are judged by a panel of government peers.
The summit is Aug. 27-28 in Los Angeles. Further details will appear in Techwire as the date approaches. Detailed information about guidelines and how to submit are available online. For help registering, email Hansa Bernal, national conference director for Government Technology magazine.
*Government Technology magazine is a publication of e.Republic, which also produces Techwire.