QualApps has named veteran IT executive Alok Kumar to the position of director.
Kumar began his IT career in 1996 with Covansys, and he has held various director positions with Delegata, Conduent and Cognizant before joining QualApps last month.
While with Delegata, he worked on many projects for state government, including:
- Led and implemented multimillion-dollar IT projects for California Legislative Data Center (LDC), State Controller’s Office (SCO), Department of Justice (DOJ), and California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) clients.
- Implemented Enterprise Data Model and Data Governance guidelines for DOJ — awarded the best project at GTC-2008.
- Implemented Enterprise Data Architecture at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) using TROUX.
- Implemented HIPAA-compliant secure Web application, Web services and data warehouse for Department of Justice Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
- Implementation Manager and Technical Project Manager for redesigned Criminal Justice Information System migrating from legacy technologies.
- Awarded the Best Solutions Award at GTC-2007 for implementing Math Rule Engine to support Apportionment Payment System Project at State Controller's Office.
More recently, while with Cognizant, Kumar “provided executive leadership for delivery and architecture oversight for large and complex healthcare projects,” he notes in his LinkedIn profile. “Provided the leadership and expertise to plan, execute and manage complex IT system integration projects (exceeding $50 million revenue) such as the Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) for the different state health-care agencies as well as implementing portal systems to transform Emblem Health Legacy systems for Provider, Member, Broker, Employer and Shop and Enroll business functions.