Understand What You‘re Up Against
In early December 2020, a supply chain attack was discovered which “trojanized” SolarWinds Orion business software updates in order to distribute malware. The campaign successfully infected many organizations – including a number of government agencies and high-value companies around the world.
Attacks of this magnitude and sophistication have a vast and rippling impact. Whether you have been directly affected or not – we are witnessing a new level of attack sophistication that demands a closer understanding.
Learn from the team that discovered the Golden SAML attack vector back in 2017 – an innovative technique now seen used for the first time in the SolarWinds attack. What we’ll cover:
- The rise of the digital supply chain attack
- An attacker’s perspective on Orion
- An end-to-end review of the attack flow
- How the attackers managed to trojanize SolarWinds code
- What the attackers did during months of seeming inactivity
- A review of the Golden SAML technique
- The big picture – what ‘Solorigate’ means for attackers and defenders.
Regain command and control of privileged access through the CyberArk Privileged Access Management (PAM) Rapid Risk Assessment. Our team of experts will assess your privileged access risk through a variety of tools, techniques and best practices for free. We can also help you remediate urgent threats, especially for those affected by the SolarWinds Orion attack.
As the industry leader in Identity Security, CyberArk has the knowledge and resources to identify vulnerabilities and security gaps that exist, and introduce proven controls to remediate breaches that involve the compromise of privileged access.
Questions? Contact Us.