Migrating infrastructure workloads to the Azure cloud has a multitude of benefits, but the migration process requires diligent planning to execute properly. Planet Technologies provides a suite of offerings in this regard; from starting to conceptualize Azure offerings, to full migrations, and follow-up support. The Azure Migration Planning engagement is designed for organizations who are ready to take the Azure IaaS step, want to ensure their migration is smooth with minimal downtime or disruption, and has maximized cost savings during and after the migration process.
Azure Migration Planning starts by laying out a clear set of goals:
· Defining the best method and order for migrating the identified servers
· Establishing the migration timeline
· Documenting best practices for ensuring a successful migration to Azure
Planet has developed a thorough and methodical approach for planning IaaS migrations to Azure and preparing clients to start consuming Azure with confidence. This approach includes:
· An assessment of all servers deemed in scope by Client
· A scan of the servers for Azure Site Recovery (ASR) compatibility (may reduce the number of servers)
· A network traffic analysis, with StratoZone and/or Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) assessments, to organize servers by data platforms and dependencies and determine “server migration groups”
· Ordering the groups of servers by factors such as priority, complexity, dependencies, and other Client needs
· Creating a communication plan to ensure successful migration
The Azure Migration Planning engagement results in a thorough and well-documented business justification and migration plan for moving in scope servers to Azure. The plan will include estimated Azure costs, migration order and timeline, and best practices for maintaining the servers in Azure.
For more information contact Jennifer Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org