COVID-19 has citizens looking for answers about symptoms and testing sites as well as current status of schools, transportation and other public services. This has caused a strain on all government agencies, especially health and human services operations.
Using Watson Assistant, IBM has designed a virtual assistant pre-loaded to understand and respond to common questions about COVID-19. In addition, agencies can include other important information to keep citizens informed and help them find answers quickly.
With Watson Assistant for citizens, agencies can:
- Scale emergency response by sharing consistent, accurate COVID-19 information across government agencies at all levels
- Help citizens quickly and easily access the latest information through their channel of choice – voice or text
- Free valuable resources by automating answers to common questions at the local level (e.g., school closures, testing sites, transportation, etc.)
- Translate national/US CDC guidelines into local messaging to provide accurate answers without wait times or ambiguity
- Dynamically update local information with the latest developments and recommendations
At this time, IBM is offering Watson Assistant for Citizens via the IBM Cloud at no charge for 90 days* and will assist with initial setup to alleviate the burden on already taxed government agencies. The offer includes:
- Access to 15 pretrained COVID-19 intents in English and Spanish, for both text and speech deployment
- Initial set up and deployment of pretrained intents
- Access to experts for help setting up and tailoring the assistant with local information
Please register now to connect with an expert at: https://www.ibm.com/watson/covid-response.
*Program details will be provided by an IBM Representative