Public cloud adoption is an enabler for digital transformation (DX). Public cloud offers organizations an IT platform that enables flexibility, scalability, and access to emerging new technologies — all of which are key components to empower the IT organization and facilitate digital transformation initiatives. But adoption of public cloud also presents challenges to large enterprises with existing infrastructure investments and processes. These are typically due to changes and disruptions introduced in tools, processes, and skill sets when moving to a public cloud environment.
The IBM Cloud for VMware Solutions portfolio offers a suite of VMware-based infrastructure environments within the broader IBM Cloud, bringing to enterprises the benefits of public cloud with minimal disruption, risk, and change. These are enabled through:
- Offering a range of VMware options, allowing customers to select their preferred level of automation and flexibility with their VMware environment automation
- Providing customers complete access to the VMware stack including administrative and root access to vCenter Server, configuration options to optimize the server hardware for the workload, and optional visibility down to the Intel chipset
- Providing customers access to an integrated set of software solutions from partners, covering commonly needed enterprise IT use cases like disaster recovery, backup, and security
- Enabling access to the broader IBM Cloud services including Watson for artificial intelligence (AI) and cognitive services and GPU-integrated servers and rich services for emerging cloud native architectures
- Ensuring a secure and compliant IT environment enabled by deep expertise and investments with IT security and compliance needs at enterprises.
These are complemented by IBM's global availability and broader IBM offerings, providing enterprise IT organizations a full toolbox of products and services as they invest in IT modernization and lead digital transformation at their enterprises.