Sales Account Manager - Public Sector
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Public Sector Sales team is looking for a Sales Account Manager to join us in Southern California. In this role, you will develop relationships within local and county agencies in Southern California and Arizona. You'll focus on positioning and cross-selling Red Hat's offerings and solutions as you expand our accounts with key customers in these regions. You'll work closely with product, Product Engineering, Professional Services, and Product Support teams to ensure exceptional customer experience with Red Hat's offerings. As a Sales Account Manager, you’ll need to have a combination of customer-facing sales skills and deep technical knowledge of enterprise software, including Linux operating systems, virtualization, middleware deployments, and cloud computing and established relationships within cities and counties in Southern California.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work closely with Southern California cities and counties to upsell and cross-sell Red Hat's solutions
- Travel to Arizona to upsell and cross-sell Red Hat's solutions
- Develop new solutions strategies within key accounts to establish additional footprint initiatives within our datacenter; this can include proofs of concepts and pilot implementations
- Work closely with Red Hat’s resale partners to grow the base of existing customers and to find new customers in the Southern California and Arizona territories
- 6+ years of field sales experience within Southern California cities and counties
- Experience selling Linux, middleware, or cloud infrastructure software solutions
- Record of working closely with customers to create solutions that satisfy their business expectations within government
- Experience working in consultative customer engagement with a major enterprise software company or in the sales division of an enterprise software reseller
- Broad understanding of the governmental acquisition process, specifically the government's IT acquisition process, including contracts and selling motions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present to executives and IT professionals within the county and city datacenters
- Ability to maintain solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple offerings and services
- Ability to work effectively with an extended team of solutions architects, inside sales, marketing, and service experts
- Excellent balance of strategic and tactical skills for growing Red Hat’s solutions in the assigned territories
- Willingness to travel outside Southern California to Arizona
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.