At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Solutions Architect to join us in the Greater Los Angeles, CA area. In this role, you will be the catalyst who creates possibilities, solves problems, and establishes working relationships with our customers. You'll discover and analyze customer business and technical needs and collaborate with the Sales and technical delivery teams to help our customers invest in the right solutions from across the Red Hat’s solutions portfolio. As a Solutions Architect, you'll be a key part of the first experience our customers have with Red Hat. You will also use social media and speak at target conferences to attract new prospective customers.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide presales technical support for the development and implementation of complex offerings and solutions
- Serve as a trusted adviser at the customer side and assist technology stakeholders in setting and delivering on expectations
- Help define the account strategy with the broader account teams
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs
- Ensure that revenue and new business quotas and service objectives are met
- Build C-level relationships with Red Hat's customers and partners that result in deeper loyalty to Red Hat and broader adoption of Red Hat's solutions
- Gain understanding of customer business and IT environments and collaborate with sales teams to assess the potential application of Red Hat’s solutions
- Work with regional sales leaders to develop a go-to-market strategy for the region and assist with the delivery of strategic opportunities
- 5+ years of experience working in sales engineering, consulting, IT architecture, or equivalent supporting enterprise accounts
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux system administration, integration, or development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to present to small and large groups of mixed audiences, including business, technical, management, and leadership teams
- Understanding of complex enterprise solutions and architectures
- Ability to interpret customer business problems and technical issues and effectively explain how our solutions will meet their needs or requirements
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.