Planet Technologies’ approach to modernizing SharePoint takes advantage of the ways that modern features are continuously evolving and improving. Every organization’s use of SharePoint is unique, and it may not always be the most realistic solution to have a fully modern SharePoint implementation all at once. By evaluating how each aspect of modern SharePoint can benefit a client - from the modern user interface to core modern functionality such as permissions and search – we consider modern SharePoint from all angles, including:
· All SharePoint investment and development is now modern
· The modern user interface experience is fully responsive, and there is potential to expand the UI with custom development using the SharePoint Framework
· Modern site architecture is flexible. Hubs organize sites, use cross-site hub navigation, share content and look and feel across associated sites, and allow for easily moving sites between hubs with a simple site setting
· Modern site designs include templates for both collaboration and communication, and custom site designs can be created to templatize other sites you may need
· Modern page layouts are flexible, allowing you to add, remove, and change layouts sections with the click of a button
· Modern web parts can also be added, removed, and moved with ease, and most web parts offer several configurations, so you can display content to meet your needs across various contexts
· Modern lists and libraries handle more and larger items, offer quicker editing, a more useful command bar, the ability to easily create & customize views, and custom column formatting (e.g., color coding, adding icons, & progress bars)
· Modern search experience is highly customized, showing personalized results for each user based on their SharePoint activity
· A simplified modern permissions model is inherent in modern sites, which provide groups for Owners, Members, and Visitors
· Expansive built-in modern integration with O365 and connectors to third-party services
Any SharePoint modernization engagement with Planet creates an understanding of the modern SharePoint features available at that moment in time, as well as looks forward down Microsoft’s modern road map to consider the likely sustainability of any solution decisions. There are many great reasons to modernize SharePoint, and together with our clients’ we engage in discovery and solution design with respect to these evolving factors, to provide the modern solution that works best for each organization.
For more information contact Jennifer Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org.